Monday 14 April 2008

An Incomplete Post for Nan

All those times of wishing she'd cook my favourite food linger in my heart as I woke up at 5.45 am. It was easier pretending nothing mattered and enerything was and will be fine. In an instant my thoughts stumbled upon random memories of her. I admit not all were sweet but priceless nevertheless.



I remember as far as when I was so much younger and how much it meant spending time there. At that time of course, it was the environment that engulfed me. Those times were so carefree and loose. From catching grasshoppers to playing in the mud, all of it was done there.



I remembering seeing her at my front door with bags and bags of food. I also remember driving her everywhere, from the bank to the doctor's, from KL to market. The works! I remember how she'd never sleep in the car and how she periodically clears her throat to keep me awake.



Still a dome of sorrow looms as i thought about the last time I brought her to the clinic. I wish something better was done. I always thought I could have had more time with her. Maybe, just maybe, if

No comments:

Post a Comment